Industrial designs that do not meet the requirements mentioned below cannot be registered:
What are the designs that cannot be registered as industrial design?
1. Industrial design should be new and distinctive.
2. If the industrial design is publicly disclosed before the first application date, it cannot be considered new. Public disclosure refers to activities such as display, sale, use, description, publication, promotion and activities for similar purposes.
3. Industrial design must have a distinctive character. So this design should leave a clear impression on the informed user that it is different from other designs.
4. Industrial design to be registered should not be against public morality and public order.
5. If the industrial design to be registered, leaves no freedom of choice to the designer in design features and elements in performing the technical functions, then it will be out of scope of design protection.
Latest from Ertan Yıldız
- What are the requirements for design in industrial design registration?
- Endüstriyel tasarım tescilinde koruma süresi kaç yıldır?
- What are the processes and durations of industrial design registration?
- As a fashion designer, in which format should I prepare pictures for design registration?
- Saudi Arabia Trademark Registration