Geographical Indications (4)
You can find questions about Geographical Indication registrations here:
- Names that do not comply with the definition of geographical indications,
- The origianl names of the products,
- Names of plant species, animal species and similar names, which may be misleading about the actual geographical sources of products,
- Indications against public order and general morality.
1) Uses that will benefit from the reputation of registered geographical indication or use of the registered name for commercial purposes in relation to the products covered by the registration,[...]
The idea that a geographical indication registered in a country will be valid all over the world is common in the public opinion. Is this correct?
A geographical indication which has been registered in Turkey is valid only within the borders of Turkey. If you want to use geographical indication protection in another country, it is necessary to register a separate geographical indication in that country.[...]