The utility model registration system carries great similarities with the patent registration. The differences between the utility model and the patent system cause the utility model to be preferred in some cases.
The main differences between the two systems are:
- In order for a invention to obtain a patent, it must be New, Include the Inventive Step, and be Industrially Applicable. For the Utility Model, it is sufficient to be only New and Industrially Applicable.
- Patents' protection period is 20 years. Utility Model has a protection period of 10 years.
- There are search and examination phases in patent applications. In utility model applications, there is only a search phase.
- Utility Model applications are simpler and cheaper. In addition, the Utility Model application is completed in a shorter time.
Latest from Ertan Yıldız
- What are the requirements for design in industrial design registration?
- Endüstriyel tasarım tescilinde koruma süresi kaç yıldır?
- What are the processes and durations of industrial design registration?
- As a fashion designer, in which format should I prepare pictures for design registration?
- Saudi Arabia Trademark Registration
Leave a comment