Trademark registration must be made separately in countries where protection is requested. So, if an owner of the company registered his trademark in Turkey, his trademark is not deemed to be registered in other countries.
The idea that a trademark registered in a country will be valid all over the world is common in the public opinion. Is this correct?
However, regional and international trademark application systems have been developed due to the high costs of applying for trademark to many countries at the same time.
For example, international trademark applications can be made to WIPO, the World Intellectual Property Organization.
Likewise, it is possible to make the Community Trademark Applications for the European Community via OHIM.
Latest from Ertan Yıldız
- What are the requirements for design in industrial design registration?
- Endüstriyel tasarım tescilinde koruma süresi kaç yıldır?
- What are the processes and durations of industrial design registration?
- As a fashion designer, in which format should I prepare pictures for design registration?
- Saudi Arabia Trademark Registration
- Trademark Registration Classes
- What Are The Infringement Cases of The Industrial Design?
- In what circumstances the trademark holder has the right to prevent the use of the trademark used without permission?
- What Is A Guarantee Mark?
- What should I look for when creating international brands?