Key points for creating a new trademark 3- What are the searches to be done before the trademark application?
1- SEARCH YOUR COMPANY'S TITLE IN TRADE REGISTRY
If you intend to use your trademark as a company title, we recommend you to search it from the Trade Registry Gazette.
2- SEARCH IN ISTANBUL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
If your trademark will be the name of a company based in Istanbul, you can search for a company title in the Istanbul Chamber of Commerce records.
3- IS YOUR TRADEMARK REGISTERED AS A DOMAIN NAME?
You can check whether your trademark has already been registered as a domain name from the address below.
4- IS YOUR TRADEMARK REGISTERED AS A COM.TR DOMAIN NAME?
In Turkey, domain name allocation process is done by the Middle East Technical University through the following web address.
5- TRADEMARK SEARCH IN TURKEY
You can make a trademark search in the Turkish trademark registry from the following address.
6-FIND THE MEANING OF YOUR TRADEMARK IN THE FOREIGN LANGUAGES
You can find the meaning of your trademark in the foreign languages from the google trasnlation.
7- SEARCH YOUR TRADEMARK IN FOREGIN TRADEMARK DATABASES
If you want to register your trademark in foreing countries, then you can make trademark searches in the national trademark databases of countries, in WIPO's international trademark database, OHIM trademark database.
If you want to get an offer for a trademark registration in Turkey, please fill in the form below:
Latest from Ertan Yıldız
- What are the requirements for design in industrial design registration?
- Endüstriyel tasarım tescilinde koruma süresi kaç yıldır?
- What are the processes and durations of industrial design registration?
- As a fashion designer, in which format should I prepare pictures for design registration?
- Saudi Arabia Trademark Registration
- Trademark Registration Classes
- What Are The Infringement Cases of The Industrial Design?
- In what circumstances the trademark holder has the right to prevent the use of the trademark used without permission?
- What Is A Guarantee Mark?
- What should I look for when creating international brands?